My Peanut Butter Chicken is packed full of flavour and ready in 20 minutes! This Thai Peanut Chicken is a great mid-week meal, with no fussy ingredients!
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins |Total Time: 20 mins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion peeled and sliced
- 3 chicken breasts chopped into bite sized chunks
- 1 heaped tbsp ground coriander
- 300 ml chicken stock water + 2 stock cubes is fine (use bouillon for gluten free)
- 2 heaped tbsp smooth peanut butter check if you need it to be gluten free, it usually is though
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 red chilli chopped finely (I use fresno chillies)
- 200 g green beans ends chopped off and sliced into short lengths
- Boiled Rice
- 1 red chilli sliced into thin strips
- 1 small bunch chopped coriander (cilantro)
- A blob of sweet chilli jam also tastes great!
- 2 tbsp toasted peanuts dry cook in a hot pan for 2 minutes until lightly browned)
- If serving with rice, put the rice onto cook first, then you can cook the rest of the meal whilst the rice is boiling.
- Heat the oil in a large pan that has a lid, over a medium-high heat. Add in the chicken and cook, turning regularly, until sealed (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add the onion and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes, then stir through the ground coriander.
- Add in the peanut butter, juice of one of the limes and the stock. Stir, bring to a gentle bubble, then place the lid on and simmer for 7-8 minutes until slightly thickened. Check on it and stir a couple of times to make sure it doesn’t catch.
- Add in the green beans, taste and add in the remaining lime juice if needed. Give everything a stir, and leave to cook for another 5 minutes with the lid off. You can add a splash of water if it’s starting to look too dry.
- Serve with boiled rice, and sprinkle with chopped chillies and coriander (cilantro).