Minimal preparation is required for these Honey Balsamic Sprouts with Almonds. A fantastic different take on that classic Christmas side dish.
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 35 mins
- 350 g sprouts
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp good-quality balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F.
- Peel the outer leaves from the sprouts, and chop the ends of the stalks off. Place the sprouts in a small baking dish and dot on the butter in small pieces. Sprinkle on a pinch of salt and pepper and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, stirring once or twice during cooking, until lightly browned.
- A few minutes before the sprouts are ready, stir together the honey and balsamic vinegar. Place in a small frying pan/skillet over a medium-high heat. Allow to bubble for a couple of minutes until thickened. Add the sprouts to the pan and toss to coat, then pour the sprouts into a serving dish.
- Sprinkle on the flaked almonds and serve.