This Guacamole and Egg Breakfast Bowl contains homemade mild guacamole (I held off on the garlic and fresh chillies – it is breakfast after all), sliced up egg, baby spinach and a lovely dollop of sour cream.
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 5 mins | Total Time: 10 mins
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1/8 red onion peeled and finely sliced
- 1 small piece toast chopped into chunks
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 ripe avocado peeled, de-stoned and roughly chopped
- 1/8 red onion peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander/cilantro
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Juice of half a lime
- Place the egg in a pan of cold water, bring to the boil, then simmer for 5-6 minutes. Turn off the heat and drain off the water. Leave the egg to cool (you can put it in some cold water to speed up the process if you like). Peel the egg and slice in half.
- Now make the guacamole by mashing all of the guacamole ingredients together.
- Place the spinach in a bowl, top with the guacamole, egg, slices of red onion, cubes of toast, a blob of sour cream, a drizzle of sweet chilli sauce and a sprinkle of pepper, then serve.