This Fish Taco Bowl with Zingy Yoghurt Dressing makes a fantastic energising dinner. Lighter, healthier option to normal tacos but still has all the amazing flavours.
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 35 mins | Total Time: 50 mins
- 100 g uncooked brown basmati and wild rice
- 1 corn on the cob
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 skinless and boneless cod or haddock fillets
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 80 g baby salad leaves
- 200 g mixed beans (these can be from a tin, washed and drained) 1/2 of a 14oz tin
- 1/2 ripe avocado peeled and chopped
- 1/8 of a red cabbage finely chopped
- ¼ red onion peeled and finely sliced
- 1 roasted red pepper from a jar sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- Lime wedges to serve
Greek Yogurt Dressing:
- 5 tbsp of 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp honey
- pinch of salt
- Half a clove of garlic peeled and minced
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp water
- Mix all of the Greek yogurt dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Cover and place in the refrigerator.
- Cook the basmati and wild rice as per the pack instructions, fluff in the pan with a fork, then leave to cool with the lid off for 30-60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the corn on the cob in a plan of boiling water and boil for 10-12 minutes until tender. Drain, brush with ½ tbsp of the olive oil, then place under a hot grill for 5-6 minutes, turning occasionally until slightly charred. Leave to cool, then slice off the corn kernels.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan. Season the fish with a pinch of salt and pepper. Place in the pan, and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning once, until golden on the outside and cooked on the inside. Use a fork to roughly break into chunks. Turn off the heat.
- Divide the rice between two bowls, top with the baby salad leaves, cooked fish, corn kernels, mixed beans, avocado, red cabbage, red onion, roasted pepper slices and cherry tomatoes.
- Drizzle on the dressing and top with lime wedges before serving.