This Fennel and Apple Winter Salad with a delicately spiced curry dressing makes the perfect lighter dinner during the indulgent festive season!
Prep Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 15 mins
- 1 red/pink apple such as Jazz or Pink Lady
- 1 green apple such as Granny Smith
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 large head of fennel
- 160 g baby salad leaves (I used a mix of baby kale, mizuna, rocket, spinach and baby chard)
- 1 stick celery sliced
- 3 radishes thinly sliced
- 20 walnuts
- 9-12 slices Prosciutto di San Daniele
- 75 g Grana Padano cheese shaved (using a vegetable peeler)
- 3½ tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
- Juice of 1 small lime
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 small garlic clove peeled and crushed
- 2 tsp honey
- First make the curry dressing by mixing all of the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Now make the salad. Slice the red and green apples into thin slices. Place in a bowl with the lemon juice. Toss together to coat the apple slices (this will prevent the apple slices from turning brown).
- Take the fennel and slice off the green fronds.Cut a slice off the base. Slice the fennel in half length-ways, then cut out the core at the base of the fennel (this part is a little tough). Cut each of the two fennel halves into thin slices.
- Now it’s time to assemble. Divide the salad leaves between 3 or 4 bowls. Top with the fennel slices, followed by the celery and sliced apple.
- Toss everything together then arrange the radish slices and walnuts on top.
- Gently fold the Prosciutto di San Daniele slices and arrange on top of each bowl, then sprinkle with shaved Grana Padano.
- Drizzle on a little of the salad dressing and serve immediately.