Baked Parmesan Sprouts with Bacon – Sprouts coated with parmesan, then baked and topped with crispy bacon!
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 35 mins
- 400 g sprouts
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tbsp cold water
- 75 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 strips of fried/grilled bacon chopped into small pieces (I used smoked streaky bacon)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F and get a medium baking tray ready.
- Peel the outer leaves from the sprouts, and chop the ends of the stalks off. Chop the sprouts in half.
- Break the egg into a bowl and whisk together with the water.
- Place the grated parmesan in another bowl.
- Dip one of the sprout halves in the egg, then roll in the parmesan until fully coated. Place on the baking tray. Repeat with the rest of the sprouts.
- Try to keep the sprouts on one layer – it’s ok if they’re a little tightly packed though.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the golden.
- Remove from the oven. Sprinkle on the cooked bacon and parsley, then serve.