These Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps are juicy, spicy, fresh and delicious. A fantastic lunch or appetiser. Plus they’re less than 100 calories each hoooorah!!
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 20 mins
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 450 g Chicken breast, cut into small chunks (Note 1)
- 3 Little Gem Lettuce – only need the outer leaves (Note 2)
- 1 large carrot peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 5 small mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger peeled and chopped finely
- 2 red chillies sliced
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce (use 2 tbsp tamari and 1 tbsp water mixed with a pinch of bouillon for gluten free, or instead you could use 3 tbsp GF teriyaki sauce)
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 heaped tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 spring onions/scallions sliced
- Extra slices of red chilli to serve
- Heat the oil on a high heat in a large frying pan and add the chicken. Cook for 5-6 minutes, turning regularly until the chicken starts to brown.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking remove and wash the outer leaves from the little gem lettuces. You’ll need 10 of the larger leaves. Pat them dry and arrange on a plate.
- Add the carrots and mushrooms to the chicken and cook for a minute, then add in the garlic, ginger and chillies and cook for another minute.
- Add in the soy sauce and honey and bring the mixture to a bubble. Allow to bubble gently for a couple of minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated. (Note 3)
- Spoon the chicken mixture out into the lettuce leaves and sprinkle with sesame seeds, spring onion and chilli slices.
- Serve immediately.