This winter Brussels sprouts slaw is loaded with goodies like candied cashews and pomegranate arils. A gorgeous side dish perfect for the holiday season!
Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 15 minutes | Total Time 25 minutes
- 2 dozen Brussels sprouts trimmed & chopped finely
- 1 Granny Smith apple chopped finely
- Arils from 1/2 pomegranate
- 1-2 tablespoons red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup candied cashews (click for recipe)
- 3 heaped tablespoons plain Greek yogurt (I used 2%)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Make your candied cashews if desired, and let them cool for a few minutes, or use pre-made candied nuts.
- Prep your Brussels sprouts, apple, pomegranate, and red onion. Add them to a large salad bowl.
- Chop the candied nuts into smaller pieces and add them to the salad bowl.
- Add the Greek yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt & pepper to the slaw. Toss and adjust as necessary to get the dressing just right. Serve immediately.
- Feeds 4+ as a side dish.