Healthy veggie burrito bowls are made with fresh veggies, beans, rice and your favorite toppings. A copycat of your favorite Chipotle burrito bowl, this bowl recipe is perfect for lunch of dinner. Best of all, make it in only 20 minutes!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- pinch salt plus more to taste
- 1 cup cooked rice (white or brown)
- 3 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 cup black beans or pinto beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- sour cream
- fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add peppers and onions, season with oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Cook 5-6 minutes until slightly softened but still tender-crisp. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Arrange equal parts of rice and lettuce in 4 bowls. Top with fajita veggies, beans, salsa, guacamole, cheese, and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper, garnish with cilantro, and serve immediately.