If you’re looking for a fast, elegant, and easy fish recipe, look no further! Tilapia with a lemon herb butter pan sauce is the perfect fuss-free weeknight recipe because it takes less than 20 minutes!
Prep Time 5 minutes |Cook Time 12 minutes | Total Time 17 minutes
- 2 tilapia fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Flour for dredging (1/4 cup or more if needed)
- 5 ounces chicken broth or water
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Chop herbs.
- Add salt and pepper to both sides of each tilapia fillet.
- Add flour to a plate.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet on medium-high heat.
- When the skillet is hot, dredge each tilapia fillet in flour and add to the skillet. Cook for three minutes on each side.
- Add chicken broth, lemon juice, and herbs to the skillet. Cook for five minutes until the sauce reduces and thickens.
- Serve immediately.
- Great with rice or a side salad.