200Thai Mango Edamame Noodle Salad Bowls are a sweet and spicy meal packed with wholesome carbohydrates and plant-based protein! The entire meal comes together easily and is perfect for meal prep.
Yield: 4 servings |Prep Time: 40 mins| Cook Time: 2 mins
For the Chili Mango Yogurt Sauce:
- 1/3 cup mango peeled and diced
- 1/2 medium avocado peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup shallot chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Asian sweet red chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon sesame or olive oil
- kosher salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- fresh lime juice
For the bowls:
- 1 ounces Asian rice noodles
- 1 cup edamame shelled
- Thinly sliced bell pepper
- Chopped green onion green portion only
- 1/4 cup crushed smoked or roasted almonds or peanuts
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free tamari
- Lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Thai sweet chili sauce
- To make the sauce, combine the mango, avocado, garlic, shallot, tomatoes, cilantro and yogurt in a food processor, blending until mixed. Add the Asian sweet red chili sauce, cumin and oil, and blend again. Taste, and add the salt and pepper to taste. Blend, then stop and scrape the sides if needed. Add a dash of lime juice. Blend once more until a creamy thick consistency is formed.
- For the bowls, soak the rice noodles in hot water for 30 minutes. Rinse with cold water and check for tenderness. If they are still not tender enough, place them in boiling water for 2 minutes. Rinse with cold water and place in a medium bowl with the edamame. Toss with 2/3 cup or more of the sauce.
- Divide evenly among the serving bowls. Top with the bell pepper, green onion, nuts, sesame seeds and cilantro. Drizzle with the tamari, a splash of lime juice, Thai sweet chili sauce and any extra reserved sauce, if desired. Season with salt.