Thai Chicken Salad with peanut dressing is an easy recipe for lunch or dinner! Combine grilled soy ginger chicken and a fresh homemade peanut sauce with other fresh ingredients to make this easy salad recipe.
For the chicken:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 inch fresh ginger peeled and minced
For the dressing:
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon minced hot pepper
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup water
For the salad:
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cooked and shelled edamame
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ¾ cup wonton crisps or chow mein noodles
- To make the chicken, whisk soy sauce and ginger together in a small bowl. Place chicken in mixture and marinate in refrigerator for about one hour. After marinating, prepare grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Place the chicken on the grill directly over the fire and cook until the juices run clear and the chicken is cooked through, about 5 to 8 minutes on each side.
- To make the dressing, combine garlic, pepper, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, lime juice, oil and fish sauce in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth. Add the peanut butter and water and whisk again until smooth and creamy.
- To assemble the salad, divide ingredients into 4 servings, layer with chicken and top with dressing.
- Prep these salads in advance and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Reserve the dressing until ready to serve.