Combine fresh spring veggies, strawberries, almonds and goat cheese to make this strawberry spinach and asparagus salad. An easy, beautiful and flavorful spinach strawberry salad recipe in less than 20 minutes!
Yield: 4 servings | Prep Time: 5 mins |Cook Time: 10 mins | Total Time: 15 mins
- 2 cups fresh asparagus cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 heaping cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups fresh strawberries sliced in half
- 1 large spring onion chopped
- 1/2 cup pea shoots
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 ounce goat cheese crumbled
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water mixed with a teaspoon of salt to a boil over medium heat. Set aside a bowl of iced water. Add the asparagus to the boiling water and cook for 2 or 3 minutes. Drain the asparagus and immediately add it to the ice water.
- In a large bowl combine asparagus, spinach, strawberries, onion, pea shoots, almonds and goat cheese. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper. Pour dressing over salad and toss lightly to coat.
- Omit the goat cheese to make dairy free.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- You can find pea shoots at your local farmers market or grocery store. You can omit them, if desired.