Slow cooker chicken tacos are made with only a few ingredients and slow cook in the crockpot to make dinner easy! Add your favorite taco toppings to the shredded chicken and create a chicken taco recipe that the entire family will love.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning *
- 1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes and chiles, undrained or 16 ounces salsa **
- 2 limes, juiced
- corn or flour tortillas
- Toppings: shredded cheese, salsa, diced red onion, diced avocado, cilantro, lime wedges
- Spray the bowl of a slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts in an even layer in the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle taco seasoning evenly over the chicken then top with diced tomatoes or salsa. Squeeze lime juice on top of everything. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 to 7 hours.
- Remove the lid and shred the chicken with two forks. Serve with tortillas and your favorite taco toppings.
*To make homemade taco seasoning combine 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder, 1/2 teaspoons cumin, 3/4 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon coriander, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper **If using diced tomatoes instead of salsa, you can add 3/4 cup of chopped red onion to the slow cooker for additional flavor.