Skillet Fajita Chicken Sausage and Rice is made in one skillet and comes together in little time. Fresh bell peppers, onions, chicken sausage, fajita seasoning and rice are combined to create a meal for the entire family!
Yield: 4 servings |Prep Time:10 mins|Cook Time:15 mins|Total Time:25 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces al fresco roasted garlic chicken sausage
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper sliced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 10 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chili peppers
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 1/4 teaspoons fajita seasoning*
- 2 cups Minute Instant White Rice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- juice from one lime
- chopped cilantro or parsley for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken sausage, onion and peppers. Cook until peppers are softened and chicken sausage is heated through, about 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cover with tin foil to keep warm; set aside.
- In the same skillet, add diced tomatoes, chicken broth and fajita seasoning. Bring to a boil. Add rice, cover, remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and then add the chicken sausage and peppers mixture. Stir to combine. Top with cheese, lime juice and cilantro or parsley, as desired. Serve immediately.