This sautéed cabbage recipe is an incredibly flavorful low-carb side dish that’s easy to make from a handful of ingredients.
Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 20 minutes | Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 medium head green cabbage cored & sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Prep the cabbage and chop your onion. I just slice the cabbage thin (cut out the core) and chop the onion like usual.
- Add the butter and oil to a skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion for 3 minutes.
- Add the cabbage to the pan and toss/stir it as best as you can (use 2 spoons or tongs to make it easier). Don’t worry, as it cooks the cabbage goes down and it becomes more manageable. Stir/toss it often and let it cook until it’s just about as soft as you want it (about 10-15 minutes).
- Add in the paprika and garlic. Cook it for a couple more minutes. If the cabbage starts to brown too quickly, turn the heat down. Some browning is good – it adds extra flavor.
- Season with salt & pepper as needed and serve immediately.
- Serves 4-6 as a side dish.