Shrimp stir fry recipe with lemon and ginger is a simple and healthy meal made in less than 30 minutes! Combine your favorite stir fry vegetables and flavors to create this easy shrimp and broccoli stir fry recipe.
Yield: 4 servings |Prep Time: 5 mins| Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 20 mins
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
For the stir fry:
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 4 ounces sugar snap peas
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- steamed white rice or cooked cauliflower rice, for serving
- scallions, chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together broth, lemon juice, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, lemon zest, and sesame oil. Whisk in the cornstarch until there are no lumps. Set aside.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir peppers, onion, broccoli, snap peas, and ginger until just tender, about 5 minutes. Remove vegetables from skillet and keep warm.
- Heat remaining teaspoon sesame oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Cook shrimp until pink and no longer opaque, about 2 to3 minutes.
- Return vegetables and sauce to skillet. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until warmed through. Remove from heat and stir in sesame seeds. Serve over rice and garnish with scallions.