This quick and easy sheet pan salmon and asparagus makes a delicious dinner! The sweet hoisin sauce glaze will have everyone asking for seconds!
Prep Time 5 minutes | Cook Time 20 minutes | Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 large salmon fillet (mine was 1.7 pounds)
- 1 bunch asparagus (thinner asparagus works best) ends trimmed
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sesame seeds to taste (optional)
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Preheat oven to 400F and move the rack to the middle position.
- Grease a large baking sheet or line one with foil for easy clean-up.
- Place the asparagus spears on the sheet pan and toss them with the olive oil and a bit of salt. Move them aside and place the salmon fillet in the middle.
- In a small bowl, combine the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder, and some pepper. Brush the glaze on the salmon and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top if using.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes (mine was done after 17 minutes). Salmon should easily flake with a fork. I like to squeeze a bit of lemon juice on top before serving to balance the sweetness. Enjoy!
- You could also do this with smaller pieces of salmon if needed.
- Great served with rice or a side salad.