This vegan roasted eggplant dip is easy to make and a fabulous healthy appetizer or snack alongside your favorite veggies, crackers, or other dippables!
Prep Time 5 minutes | Cook Time 40 minutes | Total Time 45 minutes
- 1 large eggplant
- Olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 large leaves basil torn (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 475F. Move the rack to the top third of the oven. Cover a baking sheet with tin foil for easy clean-up.
- Slice eggplant into quarters lengthwise. Cover each piece with a thin layer of olive oil (I just spread it on using my hands) and sprinkle a little salt on each slice. Bake for 35 minutes or until the eggplant is soft and browned.
- Once eggplant is cooked, let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Chop the eggplant (skins too!) finely (you’ll see it disintegrates into a dip texture) and add to a bowl. Stir in the cumin, smoked paprika, lemon juice, garlic, salt & pepper, and basil. Chill for an hour before serving. Serve with olive oil on top and pita, naan, crackers, and/or your favorite veggies.