Roasted broccoli and cauliflower with lemon and garlic is a healthy side dish that’s ready in no time! Combine a few simple ingredients together and roast in the oven for 20 minutes. It’s that easy!
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Combine broccoli and cauliflower in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir together olive oil, salt and pepper, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, and lemon juice, Pour mixture over veggies and toss to coat well.
- Spread veggies out on a large baking sheet making sure the veggies are in one layer and not overlapping or piled on each other. (You can add lemon slices here if you like for added lemon flavor and garnish). If using parmesan cheese, sprinkle over veggies now.
- Cook in a preheated oven for 15 to20 minutes, until veggies are fork-tender and begin to brown on the edges. Serve immediately.