I’ve been making new granola recipes again! This is my Raspberry Macaroon Granola – Crunchy, coconut oil granola topped with super-quick, fresh raspberry macaroons.
Prep Time: 15 mins |Cook Time: 28 mins |Total Time: 43 mins
- 3 cups (320g) whole rolled oats make sure they’re gluten free if required
- 5 packed tbsp. light-brown sugar
- 4 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp Neal’s Yard Organic Coconut Oil melted
- 4 tbsp. water
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed nuts (I used pecans, walnuts and almonds)
- 70 g raspberries
- 100 g desiccated coconut I used unsweetened coconut
- 4 tbsp. caster sugar
- 1 tbsp. gluten free plain flour normal all-purpose flour is fine if you’re not gluten intolerant
- 1 egg white from a large egg
- Preheat the oven to 180c/350f
- Start with the granola. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, honey, coconut oil and water. Once mixed, spoon it out onto a large metal baking tray and place it in the oven for 20 minutes. Check on the granola after the 10th and 15th minute to make sure it’s not burning at the edges. If the edges of the granola are looking a lot darker, give the granola a mix.
- Whilst the granola is cooking, make the macaroons. Crush the raspberries in a large bowl using the back of a fork. Mix in the remaining macaroon ingredients until combined. Use a teaspoon to scoop out small blobs of the mixture (each blob about ½ a tsp in size) and place the blobs on a metal baking tray. You can use your hands to pinch out the blobs if you prefer. Leave a little bit of space around each macaroon. They won’t spread, but if they’re touching another macaroon, they will meld together.
- Once the granola has been in the oven for 20 minutes, add in the chopped nuts and place back in the oven on the bottom shelf. Place the tray of macaroons on the top shelf and cook for 6-8 minutes until the macaroons are golden brown.
- Take the granola and macaroons out of the oven. Leave to cool slightly, then mix the macaroons into the granola. Leave to cool completely before pouring into an air-tight jar.