This pineapple shrimp skewers recipe is tasty, healthy, vibrant, and perfect for easy summer dinners. You will love these Hawaiian shrimp skewers!
Prep Time 15 minutes | Cook Time 10 minutes | Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 pound large shrimp (26-30/pound) thawed, peeled, tails on
- 1 pineapple cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 red bell pepper cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt & pepper to taste
- If using wooden skewers, it’s a good idea to soak them for 30 minutes to reduce burning/splintering.
- Prep your shrimp and veggies. Add the BBQ sauce and honey to a small bowl and stir until combined.
- Thread the shrimp onto your skewers, along with the pineapple and red pepper pieces. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Preheat BBQ/grill to high. Reduce heat to medium-high, and grill the skewers for about 4-5 minutes/side (or until they’re cooked through), with the BBQ lid down. Baste with the sauce twice (once after flipping them).
- Keep in mind any BBQ/grill/grill pan is different, so actual cooking time may vary.
- I had a bit of pineapple left after making 6 large skewers.
- Serves 4 as long as you serve these skewers with a side (e.g. rice, salad, etc.).