Paleo Chocolate Chunk Strawberry Banana Bread is made in one bowl and comes together easily! The paleo coconut flour banana bread recipe is made with fresh strawberries and is naturally gluten free.
Yield: 8 servings | Prep Time: 15 mins| Cook Time: 55 mins |Total Time: 1 hr 10 mins
- 2 cups (470ml) mashed bananas (from about 3 large or 4 small ripe bananas)
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) maple syrup (or honey or agave)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (52g) coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup (64g) coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (gluten free or homemade)
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/3 cup chocolate chunks or chocolate chips (Use Enjoy Life or other gluten free and paleo chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C). Line a 9×5” (23×13 cm) loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a spoon or rubber spatula, stir together the banana, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and coconut oil until well combined.
- Stir in the coconut flour, salt, and baking powder. Pour about ⅓ of the batter without strawberries into the pan. This will help prevent the strawberries from falling to the bottom.
- Fold in the strawberries, and chocolate chunks if using, and pour the rest of the batter into the pan. Top with some sliced strawberries and extra chocolate chunks if desired. Bake at 350 F (180 C) for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a tester comes out of the center with moist crumbs. Transfer the loaf to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing. Store the cooled loaf in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or wrap the loaf well and freeze for up to 6 months. Enjoy!
- Using 1/2 cup to 1 cup of coarsely chopped strawberries ensures the best consistency and flavor.
- Do not use frozen fruit for this recipe.
- You can omit the chocolate chunks, if desired.
- Coconut flour replaces regular all purpose flour in this recipe to make it paleo compliant.
- Use ripe but not overly ripe bananas. Bananas with a few brown specks are perfect.