Oven Cooked Dutch Pancake with Easy Blueberry sauce – An impressive looking (and tasting!) giant pancake that serves the whole family.
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 25 mins
- 2 tbsp butter
- 150 g (1 cup + 3 tbsp) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 3 large eggs
- 240 ml (1 cup) milk – full or half fat
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp granulated/caster sugar
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar/confectioners’ sugar
- Place a 12” cast iron pan in the oven and preheat to 210c. Add the butter and let it melt and heat for 5 minutes until light brown bits start to appear in the butter.
- Whilst the butter is heating, whisk together the remaining pancake ingredients.
- Open the oven and working quickly (so the pan doesn’t cool too much) use a brush to brush the melted butter all over the inside (including the sides) of the pan. Quickly and carefully pour in the pancake mixture and close the oven.
- Cook for 15-18 minutes until browned and risen.
- Whilst the pancake is in the oven, make the blueberry sauce. Place the blueberries, water and granulated sugar in a pan and heat for about 5 minutes until the blueberries release their colour and the sugar dissolves. Turn off the heat and put to one side to cool slightly.
- Take the pancake out of the oven (the centre may be very puffed up, but it will go back down after a minute or two) and spoon in the blueberry sauce. Add a couple of scoops of ice cream and sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Slice and serve!