This is one of my go-to hot smoothies. Its my Oaty Chocolate Hot Smoothie.
Prep Time: 5 mins | Total Time: 5 mins
- 15 g dark chocolate chopped (check the brand for gluten free if required)
- 200 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 20 g rolled oats check the brand for gluten free if required
- 1/2 a ripe medium-sized banana
- 6 almonds
- 5 g chia seeds
- 20 ml cold water
- Add the dark chocolate to a jug and pour in the almond milk. Microwave until the mixture is warm and the chocolate has melted (you can do this in a pan if you prefer).
- Add the oats, banana, almonds, chia seeds, the water and approx. a fifth of the almond milk to your smoothie maker or blender. Add in an extra splash of cold water if you think the liquid is too warm (see warning above about hot liquids and smoothie makers).
- Blend on high for a minute until the oats and chia seeds have been completely incorporated.
- Whilst it’s blending, further heat the rest of the almond/chocolate mix until hot, but not boiling.
- Pour the blended oat mix into your cup, stir in the almond/chocolate mix and serve.
You can reserve a few of the oats and a little of the chocolate to grate over the top if you wish (it looks pretty, but is harder to drink through a straw!!)