Only SIX ingredients! My No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars are so quick and easy to prepare. A great make-ahead breakfast or snack!
Prep Time: 10 mins | Freezing time: 1 hr | Total Time: 1 hr 10 mins
- 2 cups (220g) whole rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (65g) chopped mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup (65g) chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (90g) dried cranberries
- 1 cup (270g) smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (85g) honey
- Place the rolled oats and chopped nuts in large bowl. Add in the all but 1 tbsp of the dried cranberries and all but 1 tbsp of the chocolate chips and mix together.
- Add the peanut butter and honey, and stir until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into an 8×8 inch (20x20cm) square baking tin that has been lined with baking parchment.
- Flatten the mixture with the back of a wooden spoon, then place a piece of baking parchment on top.
- Place another same-sized tin on top and squash the tin down so the mixture is well compacted. The compacted it is, the less likely the granola bar will fall apart when cutting into slices.
- Remove the top tin and baking parchment that’s on top of the mixture and sprinkle on the reserved cranberries and chocolate chips. Push them in with your fingers.
- Cover the tin and place in the freezer for one hour. Remove from the freezer, take out of the tin and peel off the parchment paper. Place on a chopping board and cut into 12 slices.
- Serve immediately, or wrap and place in the refrigerator (you can store them at room temperature, but keeping them in the fridge will help to keep them firm).