These easy No Bake Berry Bakewell Granola Bars come together in minutes and the almond-y bakewell flavour is so addictive!
Prep Time: 10 mins | Total Time: 10 mins
- 200 g quick cook oats (use gluten-free if desired)
- 160 g dried berries (my mix has sour cherries, raisins and cranberries)
- 50 g flaked almonds
- pinch of salt
- 60 ml coconut oil, melted
- 60 ml honey
- 50 g soft light-brown sugar
- ½ tsp almond extract
- You’ll also need two 20x20cm baking tins
- Place the oats in large bowl. Add in the dried berries (slice any larger berries in half before placing in the bowl – you want everything to be about raisin-sized). Reserve a tbsp. of the flaked almonds, then add the rest to the bowl along with the remaining ingredients.
- Mix everything together until well combined, then spoon the mixture into a 20×20-centimeter baking tin that has been lined with parchment paper. Flatten the mixture and push it to the edges using a spoon, the top with the remaining flaked almonds.
- Place some baking parchment on top of the mixture and place the other baking tin on top. Use the top tin to really squish down the mixture (this will prevent it falling apart when you cut it). I actually place the tins on the floor and stand on it to really squash it down.
- Place in the fridge for an hour to firm up, then remove from the tin, using the baking parchment and cut into 9 squares or 12 slices.
- Serve straight away, or wrap and store in the fridge or at room temperature until serving (they’ll be a little firmer if served straight from the fridge).