Mini Peanut Butter Banana Protein Muffins – Tasty muffin bites that are waistline friendly!
Prep Time: 10 mins |Cook Time: 9 mins |Total Time: 19 mins
- 3 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 2 medium bananas mashed
- 25 g whole-rolled oats
- 2 eggs
- 30 g (1 scoop) banana or vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp Splenda you can replace with honey or 2 tbsp brown sugar (it will increase the calories – or leave out entirely if you prefer)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50 g chocolate chips
- Banana chocolate or vanilla ice cream (I used Wheyhey protein ice cream)
- Preheat the oven to 175c/375f
- Mix all of the ingredients together, except the chocolate chips, in a medium bowl – using a wooden spoon or hand whisk. Stir in half the chocolate chips.
- Take two mini 16-hole muffin trays (the holes should be approx cake-pop size), and line with mini muffin liners – or spray with non-stick oil.
- Divide the cake mixture between the muffins cases -approx 1 tsp of mixture for each muffin.
- Top with the remaining chocolate chips and place in the oven to cook for 8-9 minutes.
- Take out of the oven. If you’re not using muffin liners, then it’s best to take the mini muffins out of the tray as soon as possible – without burning yourself. Leave to cool, then serve on their own or topped with ice cream!