Mexican Hot Chocolate Breakfast Smoothie – A delicious warm smoothie to wake up your taste buds, this ones with a kick. Lots of healthy goodies in there too!
Prep Time: 10 mins | Total Time: 10 mins
- 15 g dark chocolate, chopped (check the brand for gluten free if required) about 4 small chunks
- 240 ml milk (regular or almond milk)
- a pinch of hot chilli powder
- a pinch of cinnamon
- 1 ½ tbsp raw cacao powder check for gluten free if needed
- 4 tbsp rolled oats check the brand for gluten free if required
- ½ a ripe medium sized banana
- 10 almonds
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp maca powder optional
- 2 tbsp cold water
- a pinch of chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp grated dark chocolate
- 1 small red chilli to decorate the glass
- Add the dark chocolate to a jug, pour in the milk, then add the chilli powder, cinnamon and cacao powder. Microwave until the mixture is warm and the chocolate has melted (you can do this in a pan if you prefer).
- Place the oats, banana, almonds, chia seeds, maca powder, the water and approx. a fifth of the milk mixture to your smoothie maker or blender. Add in an extra splash of cold water if you think the liquid is too warm (see warning above about hot liquids and smoothie makers).
- Blend on high for a minute until the oats and chia seeds have been completely incorporated.
- Whilst it’s blending, further heat the rest of the milk mixture until hot, but not boiling.
- Pour the blended oat mix into your cup, stir in the milk/chocolate mix, then sprinkle on the chilli flakes and grated chocolate. Decorate the glass with a red chilli for fun if you like.
Nutritional Information is per serving, using almond milk.