Learn how to make Mexican corn on the cob with this simple grilled corn side dish recipe! Elote corn is a tasty grilled Mexican street corn recipe in 20 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings | Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins
- 4 ears of corn husked
- 3 tablespoons sour cream (or Greek yogurt or Mexican crema)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons salted butter melted
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese or queso fresco crumbled
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 4 lime wedges
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Brush grill grate with oil.
- Grill corn, turning occasionally, until fully cooked and lightly charred, 10 to 12 minutes.
- While corn is cooking, mix sour cream and mayonnaise together in a small bowl until well combined. Place butter in a separate bowl and melt. In another small bowl combine chili powder and cayenne pepper. Set all three bowls aside.
- Remove from the grill and immediately brush with melted butter, then spread each evenly with the sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and chili mixture. Garnish with cilantro and serve with lime wedges on the side.
- If you have leftovers, remove the corn kernels from the cobs with a sharp knife and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Cotija cheese or queso fresco is available in the cheese section of most grocery stores. Feta cheese can be used as a last resort if you can’t find cotija or queso fresco.