Learn how to make cauliflower rice with this simple Mexican cauliflower rice recipe. This easy cauliflower recipe cooks in less than 20 minutes and is packed with fresh flavor.
Yield: 4 servings |Prep Time: 10 mins|Cook Time: 10 mins | Total Time: 20 mins
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 onion diced
- 1 jalapeño minced
- 1 carrot diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- fresh cilantro chopped
- Add the cauliflower florets to a food processor or chopper and pulse until the cauliflower resembles small bits (like rice.)
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add the onion, jalapeño, carrots and peas and stir fry until the onion is translucent, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the riced cauliflower and garlic and cook 3 to 4 minutes until tender. Add tomato sauce, salt, cumin, paprika and black pepper to the pan. Stir well and cook for 1 minute until heated through. Remove from heat and stir in the chopped cilantro.