Meal Prep Cilantro Lime Chicken Fajitas in Foil are made with easy-to-find ingredients and are packed with flavor! Bake the chicken fajita filling in foil, serve with rice or tortillas and enjoy for lunch or dinner.
Yield: 4 servings |Prep Time: 10 mins| Cook Time: 20 mins| Total Time: 30 mins
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- zest of one lime
- pinch of salt
- 2 large chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- avocado for serving
- cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, cilantro, olive oil, honey, cumin, lime zest and salt.
- In a large bowl or ziplock bag, combine the cilantro-lime sauce with the chicken, peppers and onions. Mix or shake bag to combine.
- Cut and lay out four 12×12 squares of aluminum foil. Divide the mixture evenly among the four sheets of foil. Gently fold the foil around the ingredients to form a tight seal.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve with rice, quinoa or tortillas. Garnish with avocado and cilantro, as desired.