Malted Coconut HOT Smoothie – a quick and healthy hot smoothie for a cold day. Hazelnut milk gives the smoothie it’s creaminess, without being too sweet, the fresh coconut and a little cocoa powder .
Prep Time: 5 mins |Total Time: 5 mins
- 250 ml hazelnut milk
- 25 g fresh coconut
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 10 g liquid rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 20 ml (0.7floz) cold water
- 1/2 tsp coconut grated (for garnish)
- Heat the hazelnut milk in a pan or the microwave until warm.
- Add the coconut, cocoa, malt extract, maca powder, water and approx. a fifth of the hazelnut milk to your smoothie maker or blender. Add in an extra splash of cold water if you think the liquid is too warm (see warning above about hot liquids and smoothie makers).
- Blend on high for a minute until the coconut milk has been completely incorporated.
- Whilst it’s blending, further heat the rest of the hazelnut milk until hot, but not boiling.
- Pour the blended coconut mix into your cup, stir in the hazelnut milk and serve, sprinkled with the grated coconut