This healthy shrimp stuffed avocado recipe makes a great low-carb snack, appetizer, or light lunch!
Prep Time 5 minutes | Cook Time 10 minutes | Total Time 15 minutes
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp thawed, peeled, tails removed
- 4 avocados cut into halves and pitted
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh chives chopped
- Smoked paprika to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Bring a medium salted pot of water to a boil. Add the shrimp in and cook for 3-4 minutes or until they turn pink and are cooked through, taking care not to overcook. Prepare a bowl filled with ice water and ice cubes to cool the shrimp when they’re done.
- Scoop out most of the avocado flesh into a medium bowl. Mash in the lime juice, cilantro, chives, and paprika.
- Once the shrimp are done, immediately drain them then dunk them into the ice bath. Let them cool for a couple of minutes and then drain and dry them (with a piece of paper towel).
- Roughly chop the shrimp and add them in with the avocado mixture. Season with salt & pepper as needed (I found I needed a fair bit of salt in this recipe). Divide the mixture between the 4 avocado halves. Serve immediately.