Ground turkey stuffed peppers with quinoa is an easy stuffed peppers recipe. Prep this recipe in only 15 minutes before baking in the oven! The entire family will love this easy dinner recipe.
Yield: 4 Prep |Time: 10 mins Cook |Time: 50 mins| Total Time: 1 hr
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 28 ounces Tuttorosso Diced Tomatoes Italian Style in puree
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- juice of one lime
- 3 extra large bell peppers halved and seeded
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot, add the diced onion and cook for about 2 minutes until it starts to soften. Add the ground turkey and minced garlic and cook until the meat is almost cooked through, breaking it up in crumbles with a spoon as it cooks.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the cooked quinoa. Squeeze the lime juice over the mixture.
- 3. Fill the peppers with the mixture. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and carefully sprinkle cheese over the top. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
- These cooked peppers will keep refrigerated as leftovers for up to 3 days.