Crunchy homemade granola, layered with Greek yogurt, and caramelized peaches. Cook the peaches the night before on the residual heat from your BBQ, and you’ll have the BEST breakfast the next day.
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 5 mins | Total Time: 15 mins
- 2 firm peaches
- 1 tbsp butter salted or unsalted is fine, softened
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp oil for oiling the griddle
- 6 heaped tbsp granola. Use this recipe for homemade or you can use store-bought (check for gluten free if required).
- 4 heaped tbsp Greek Yogurt
- Honey for drizzling optional
- Slice the peaches in half by slicing around the stone, following the natural line down one side of the peach. Use your thumbs to gently pull the peaches apart. Gently remove the peach stones using a spoon or very carefully with a sharp knife – or a combination of both.
- Mix the butter and sugar together and then spread it onto the cut side of the peaches.
- If using a griddle or BBQ, heat them up and brush it with oil – to prevent the peaches from sticking. Place the peaches on the griddle/BBQ cut-side down (or cut-side up if you’re using a grill/broiler) and cook for 2-3 minutes – until golden. Then turn over and cook for a further 1-2 minutes on the skin side.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool before chopping into chunks. You can then cover and refrigerate the chunks until you’re ready to assemble.
- To assemble, place a spoon full of Greek yogurt at the bottom of the mini-mason jars, then add a layer of peaches, followed by a layer of granola. Then add another layer of Greek yogurt, followed by a layer of granola and finally top with the remaining peaches.
- Drizzle on some honey if you like, and then serve.
You can assemble the parfaits the night before, although this will make the granola a little more soft and chewy (but still tasty).