This Green Salad with Chicken, Strawberries and Goat Cheese is an awesome entree salad for your next brunch, lunch or dinner. Bonus that it is also low carb and gluten free!
Prep Time: 35 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 8 cups mesclun greens or baby lettuces
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup roasted unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place chicken in a medium skillet and cover with water. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low to maintain simmer and cook until chicken is cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove chicken from the poaching liquid and cool completely before slicing.
- Meanwhile, arrange greens, strawberries, goat cheese and cashews on a large platter.
- Whisk vinegar, shallot, honey mustard and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Whisk in oil and season with pepper. Top salad with chicken and drizzle with dressing.