Greek Salad with grilled halloumi and tomatoes – an extra special take on the classic Greek salad!
Prep Time 20 minutes | Cook Time 10 minutes | Total Time 30 minutes
- 20 (or to taste) grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 small purple onion
- 1 bell pepper (I used 1/2 red 1/2 green)
- 1/2 cucumber peeled
- Kalamata olives to taste
- 1 brick of halloumi cheese (approx. 8 ounces)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Generous sprinkle of dried oregano
- If using wood skewers, soak them for at least 10 minutes so they don’t splinter. I used four wood skewers when I made this recipe.
- Cut the halloumi cheese into chunks that are at least 1″ x 3″. If you cut them smaller, they will likely crumble. I found that out the hard way.
- Chop the onion, cucumber, and pepper into bite-size pieces. Place in a medium to large salad bowl. Add olives to bowl.
- Prepare the skewers by threading the little tomatoes onto their own skewer(s) and the cheese onto its own skewer(s).
- Brush the skewers with olive oil. BBQ the skewers on medium heat. The time will vary depending on your grill, but aim for grilling the cheese 2-3 minutes per side and the tomatoes a little bit longer.
- Remove cheese and tomatoes from skewers and add to salad bowl. Add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper, and oregano. Toss until coated. Serve immediately.
- Serves four as a side dish.