Follow this simple recipe for how to cook fresh green beans to make these Garlic Green Beans! Sauté green beans with garlic and cook in one skillet in less than 15 minutes. They are a delicious side dish packed with fresh flavor.
Yield: 4 servings |Prep Time: 5 mins| Cook Time: 15 mins |Total Time: 20 mins
- 3 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves sliced
- 2 pounds green beans
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup water or vegetable broth
- In a large skillet, heat butter or olive oil over medium-high heat. Add sliced garlic, cooking 45 to 60 seconds until golden brown. Remove using a slotted spoon and reserve on a separate plate.
- Add green beans to pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, stir occasionally until crisp-tender.
- Stir in the water or broth and allow to come to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, 6 to 8 minutes until beans are tender and broth is almost evaporated, stirring occasionally. Return reserved garlic to the pan, stir, and serve.