This fennel, carrot, and zucchini salad is as tasty as it is colorful. It’s light and fresh and makes the perfect appetizer or side salad.
Prep Time 15 minutes | Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 fennel bulb
- 2 large carrots
- 2 small zucchini
- 1 tablespoon onion chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fennel fronds (optional for garnish)
- Using a mandoline, slice the fennel very thinly. Using a vegetable/potato peeler, make ribbons with the zucchini (peel the outer skin off first and discard) and the carrots. Add to a salad bowl.
- Chop the onion and parsley and mince the garlic, and add them to the bowl.
- Add the sour cream, mayo, and lemon juice to the bowl. Toss the salad together and add salt & pepper to taste. Add some fennel fronds (the part that looks like dill) for garnish. Serve immediately or chill first.
- Serves four as a side/appetizer size salad.