Eggs and avocado on toast – probably one of the most photographed breakfasts on Instagram. Everyone loves it (don’t they?) this is my version (and it’s way taster than the regular version).
Prep Time: 5 mins| Cook Time: 5 mins | Total Time: 10 mins
- 2 slices of bread – I like to use sliced from a crunchy-topped artisan cob like Coburg or a nice sourdough
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 medium-sized eggs
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- 2 sprigs of parsley finely chopped
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp black sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce I love Linghams chilli sauce on this
- Toast the bread until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil over a medium-high heat in a frying pan (skillet). Crack the eggs into the pan – on either side of the pan so they don’t merge together.
- Cook the eggs for one minute, then place a lid on (this helps the top of the egg to cook) and cook for a further minute or two, until the white has set, but the yolk is still runny. Turn off the heat.
- Slice the avocado in half. Carefully remove the stone and use a spoon to scoop out the flesh. Slice the avocado into thin slices.
- Place the toasted bread on a plate and top each sliced with the avocado. Place an egg on top of each piece of toast.Sprinkle on the feta, parsley, salt, pepper and the black and white sesame seeds. Drizzle with sweet chili sauce.
- Serve immediately.