Store-bought mayonnaise definitely has its uses (I like to use it as a base for dipping sauces and dressings), but sometimes it’s nice to make your own. Find out just how simple it is to make your own easy stick blender mayo!
Prep Time 7 minutes | Total Time 7 minutes
- 5 ounces vegetable oil or canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 raw egg (best if room temperature)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- I simply put all the ingredients into the plastic blending cup that came with my stick blender and then blend it all up until the ingredients are emulsified perfectly.
- If you don’t have a stick blender, you can use a food processor… just drizzle the oil in slowly.
- Keep in mind that it will only last for a few days (refrigerated) since it has no preservatives. I would definitely not keep it longer than a week.