These garlic butter shrimp are fresh, delicious, and cooked in 10 minutes! Lemon juice, parsley, brown butter, and plenty of garlic make these shrimp irresistible.
Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 10 minutes | Total Time 20 minutes
- 1.5 pounds large (41-50/lb. size) shrimp thawed & peeled
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- Juice of 1/4 lemon or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- Prep your shrimp. Leave tails on if desired.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Let it bubble for a few minutes, watching it closely, until it just starts to turn golden and smell slightly nutty. I like to swirl it around in the pan a couple of times. I don’t fully brown it since we’re still cooking it and it can quickly burn.
- Add the shrimp and garlic to the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through, stirring often.
- Add in the lemon, parsley, salt & pepper (I’m pretty generous with it), and red pepper flakes if using.
- I sometimes add lemon zest to the recipe to kick it up a notch. This is the lemon zester I use.