This creamy garlic Tuscan shrimp recipe with sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, and basil is rich, decadent, and ready in about 15 minutes! Great served over pasta or mashed potatoes.
Prep Time 5 minutes | Cook Time 10 minutes | Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 pound shrimp (I used 31-40 count size) thawed & peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 4-5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 dashes Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped or julienned
- 1 cup (packed) fresh baby spinach
- Handful fresh basil cut into thin strips
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Melt the butter on medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add the flour and cook for about a minute, stirring until smooth.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Stir in the cream, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, and sun-dried tomatoes. Simmer for 2 minutes. Reduce heat if it’s bubbling too much.
- Add the shrimp and cook for around 5 minutes or until they’re cooked through and the sauce is slightly thickened, taking care not to overcook them.
- Add the spinach and basil and cook for another 2 minutes. Season with salt & pepper as needed. Serve immediately. I like to squeeze extra lemon juice over top when serving (up to you). You could also grate some fresh parmesan over top if you wish.
- Serves 2-4 depending on what else is served with this dish.
- I used sun-dried tomatoes that were packed in oil (I drained the oil). If you use the dried kind, you may want to add more than 1/4 cup.