Easy Chopped Tabbouleh Salad is a light and fresh salad made with bulgur wheat, parsley, tomatoes, cucumbers and a few simple seasonings! Enjoy it for lunch or as a side dish to grilled meats.
- 1/2 cup fine bulgur wheat
- 2 bunches parsley finely chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- 1 cup seedless cucumbers diced (optional)
- 6 scallions diced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place bulgur wheat in a medium bowl and cover with boiling water. Top with a plate or plastic wrap and let sit for 10-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- In a large bowl, combine parsley, tomatoes, cucumber, scallions and mint.
- Flake apart bulgur with a fork and toss together with vegetables.
- Drizzle the salad with olive oil and lemon juice and then season with salt and pepper to taste.