This is my easy cauliflower cheese, super simple and its gluten free too. Less effort, less washing up but still with creamy, cheesy flavour!
Prep Time: 10 mins |Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 35 mins
- 1 medium cauliflower broken into small florets
- 240 ml (1 cup) double (heavy) cream
- 150 g (1 1/2 cups) Mature/strong Cheddar cheese, grated (use a vegetarian version if required)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil
- Place the cauliflower florets in a steam basket over the top and place a lid on the pan, or place the cauliflower directly in the boiling water if you don’t have a steam basket.
- Turn the water down to a simmer and simmer for 5 minutes until the cauliflower is tender but not soggy.
- Drain the cauliflower.
- Pour 2 tbsp of the cream in a baking dish and sprinkle on 2 tbsp of the grated cheese.
- Add half of the cauliflower, then top with half of the remaining cream and quarter of the remaining cheese.
- Sprinkle on half of the salt and pepper.
- Top with the remaining cauliflower, then pour on the remaining cream. Sprinkle on the rest of the cheese, salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the chopped parsley before serving.