These low-carb Asian chicken lettuce wraps are a great way to use up leftover chicken and are really fast and easy to make. The tangy-sweet sauce has only four ingredients! Ready in 15 minutes.
Prep Time 15 minutes | Total Time 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken (or more, to taste)
- 1 head butter leaf lettuce
- Spring onions/scallions (green parts) to taste
- Cucumber chopped, to taste
- 1 medium carrot julienned
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Lime wedges for serving
- Prepare the dressing by mixing mayo, rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, and garlic. Set aside.
- Prepare spring onions, cucumber, and carrot by chopping into desired size pieces. I julienned the carrot.
- Carefully remove leaves from lettuce one by one, choosing ones that are shaped well for holding the wrap contents.
- Assemble wraps by adding chicken, spring onions, cucumber, and carrot to each lettuce leaf. Drizzle dressing over them. Add salt & pepper if desired and a squeeze of lime juice. Serve immediately.
- If I’m making this for lunch just for me, I halve the recipe.
- Great for an appetizer or light meal.
- The number of wraps you make really depends how much you stuff in them.