This creamy Tuscan chicken recipe is fast, easy, and totally delicious. You will love the creamy sauce with sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and fresh spinach! Ready in 25 minutes.
Prep Time 5 minutes | Cook Time 20 minutes | Total Time 25 minutes
- 2 large chicken breasts sliced lengthwise
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Flour for dredging
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or dry white wine
- 1 heaping teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 2 cups (loosely packed) fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (see note)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- Cut the chicken in half lengthwise. Sprinkle with salt & pepper and garlic powder on both sides. Coat in flour.
- Melt the oil and butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes/side or until golden. Take the chicken out of the pan and set aside.
- Deglaze the pan with the chicken broth and Dijon mustard. Scrape up any brown bits and let it simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the cream, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes. Add the chicken back to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through and the sauce reduces a bit.
- Stir in the basil and season with extra salt & pepper if needed. Serve immediately.
- If the sun-dried tomatoes are not packed in oil, you may want to add a bit more – the oil-packed ones taste more concentrated. I drain the oil prior to adding them to the pan.
- If you have particularly small chicken breasts, I recommend leaving them whole and cooking them for a few minutes longer.
- This is the copper skillet that’s pictured (you can use any skillet for this recipe)