This creamy salmon piccata recipe is fast and totally delicious! All you need is 20 minutes to make this tender salmon in a lemon caper cream sauce.
Prep Time 5 minutes | Cook Time 15 minutes | Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 pound fresh salmon cut into 4 pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Flour for dredging
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice + zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon (or more) brined capers drained
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- Cut your salmon into 4 pieces. Sprinkle it with the garlic powder and season it generously with salt & pepper. Dredge each piece in flour on all sides.
- Add the butter and oil to a skillet over medium-high heat. When it’s hot, add the fish. Cook it for 3-4 minutes/side or until it’s browned. Be sure not to overcook the fish; it shouldn’t be cooked fully yet. Remove salmon to a plate and set aside.
- Add the chicken broth, lemon juice/zest, and capers. Let it simmer for a minute or two.
- Add the cream to the skillet. Let it bubble for 2 minutes or so to thicken the sauce up a bit.
- And the salmon back into the pan. Cook for a few more minutes (you may want to turn the heat down) until it’s cooked through and it flakes easily with a fork.
- Season with extra salt & pepper as needed. Serve immediately.
- This is the lemon zester I use and recommend for this recipe.