Creamy Eggs and Kale Breakfast – These Creamy breakfast eggs with kale are an easy one pot breakfast or lunch – ready in under 10 minutes. My absolute favourite grown-up version of dippy eggs and soldiers.
Prep Time: 1 min |Cook Time: 8 mins| Total Time: 9 mins
- 4 tbsp heavy/double cream
- 35 g Kale chopped
- 25 g cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- Toast ‘soldiers’ for dipping optional
- Heat the cream in a small frying pan until hot, but not boiling. Stir in the kale and sprinkle on the cheese, reserving a small pinch. Place a lid or some foil on the pan and allow the kale to wilt on a low heat for 1 minute.
- Take off the lid, and make a small well in the centre of the kale. Crack the egg into the well and sprinkle with the reserved cheese and salt & pepper.
- Cover the pan again and cook on a low heat for 5-7 minutes until the white of the egg is cooked, and the yolk is cooked to your liking.
- Serve from the pan either on it’s own, or with toast for dipping.